22 December 2011

NO, You SHOULDN'T Give Your Teen Son a Freaking Mustang GT for Christmas!


OK, he was 24...  and it happened in Switzerland. But it seems that this Mustang GT 5.0 owner -like many others- had a little bit of trouble getting used to the car's 6-speed stick and it's troublesome reverse-gear 'safety' lockout feature: add to that a few hundred horsepower and no parking garage can contain her.

A miracle nobody got hurt, with a car falling out of the sky in a Swiss town center like that- just a bruised young ego, totalled 'stang, and a whole bunch of mooshed-up bikes down dere.

Chalk-up another one for hyperlegislative government and blood-sucking trail attorneys protecting us from ourselves and the big, mean auto companies... yet no matter how hard they try, still unable to outlaw stupidity.

I like how the top of a motorcycle is imprinted into the rear-end:






Gotta admit tho, 2012 Mustang looking good...

7 comments:

republicanmother said...

Wow.
Glad it didn't happen to me.
The only car a young man should get is the one he rebuilds himself, or so that's the advice I've been given.

Reaganite Republican said...

That IS excellent- as somebody who's restored a few, well recommended for father/son bonding ritual lol

Red said...

Good God! It's a miracle no one was hurt or killed!

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I'm a Camaro guy.

Proof said...

Swiss Mustang...like the cheese!

Trestin said...

But how else are parrents supposed to get their kids to like them?

Always On Watch said...

Even old geezers have trouble controlling their driving when behind the wheel of a Mustang GT. I should know: I have a 2000 Mustang GT. That model doesn't have nearly the horsepower of the newer ones, but I have managed to get one speeding ticket -- some 20 years after I got my first and only such ticket up to that morning in the Mustang GT convertible, with the top down and the stereo blasting.

At the local high school here, the parking lot for seniors is LOADED with BMWs, Mustangs, etc., etc. And they wonder why their kids have driven their parents' insurance policies through the roof?

Back in my day (Yeah, I'm a dinosaur), we got the family car to drive -- and only when our parents didn't need that car. They held those car keys over us to make us behave. Yeah, that method worked like a charm. Seriously.

-------------

While I'm here, I wish you a Merry Christmas, RR. May the weekend be filled with nothing but good cheer and lovely surprises.

Post a Comment

The Reaganite Republican welcomes your comments...