12 December 2009

Saturday Night Rock-n-Roll Oldies... The Beatles- 1966


While I've never been the biggest Beatles fan on the planet -more of a Stones/Kinks guy-I've had nothing but respect for their talent and significance, especially like all their solo work. But they've also grown on me over the years... especially the few songs of theirs that I haven't heard 10,000x already-



Here's a fave of mine off of the 1966 album Revolver that you don't hear in the Toyota commercials yet, and with a video a bit ahead of it's time...



The Beatles: Your Bird Can Sing- 1966


You tell me that you've got everything you want
And your bird can sing
But you don't get me, you don't get me

You say you've seen seven wonders and your bird is green
But you can't see me, you can't see me

When your prized possessions start to weigh you down
Look in my direction, I'll be round, I'll be round

When your bird is broken will it bring you down
You may be awoken, I'll be round, I'll be round

You tell me that you've heard every sound there is
And your bird can swing
But you can't hear me, you can't hear me
___________________________________
This post dedicated to great conservative blogger/patriot
and uber Beatles fan, Bungalow Bill... pay him a visit him here