29 June 2011

SHOCKER of the Decade: John Lennon was a
Closet Republican and Reagan Fan (!)

"He was a very different person back in 1979 and 80 than he'd been when he wrote ImagineBy 1979 he looked back on that guy
and was embarrassed by that guy's naiveté..." 


First Alice Cooper... now this


John Lennon was a closet Republican, who felt a little embarrassed by his former radicalism, at the time of his death - according to the tragic Beatles star's last personal assistant.

Fred Seaman worked alongside the music legend from 1979 to Lennon's death at the end of 1980 and he reveals the star was a Ronald Reagan fan who enjoyed arguing with left-wing radicals who reminded him of his former self.

In new documentary Beatles Stories, Seaman tells filmmaker Seth Swirsky Lennon wasn't the peace-loving militant fans thought he was while he was his assistant.

He says, "John, basically, made it very clear that if he were an American he would vote for Reagan because he was really sour on (Democrat) Jimmy Carter.

"He'd met Reagan back, I think, in the 70s at some sporting event... Reagan was the guy who had ordered the National Guard, I believe, to go after the young (peace) demonstrators in Berkeley, so I think that John maybe forgot about that... He did express support for Reagan, which shocked me...



Ronald Reagan here reacts to news of Lennon's 1980 death... as the MSM shamefully attempt to exploit the event politically:



We all grow-up sometime... well, almost all of us.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

John Lennon a closet Republican??? You have got to be kidding. This is a joke right? Satire perhaps, I mean this is a classic case of historical revisionism. Shame on you.

Reaganite Republican said...

His final personal assistant swears so in a recent documentary, read the post slush-head

Bungalow Bill said...

I have been blogging on this subject for a long time making the case Lennon wasn't a radical liberal like is taught today. I believe this guy. Lennon didn't like big intrusive government that liberals embrace today, yet they use Lennon's image as their own.

You have been linked at BBCW.

Bungalow Bill said...

By the way, during this same period, Lennon also found Christ according to Pat Robertson who consulted with Lennon on Christianity. http://bungalowbillscw.blogspot.com/search?q=John+Lennon+Pat+Robertson

Reaganite Republican said...

I will absolutely vouch for your tenacity on the topic, BB lol- to be honest, I didn't believe you

I really have to say you're position's vindicated... but what bothered me more was the anti-Christian tone: however, your link on Pat Robertson is most interesting in addressing that as well

Guess I've got to give you the benefit of the doubt now, you've earned it, ha

Now I can break out his CDs and enjoy them again

Anonymous said...

I don't believe this for a moment given how wacky Leftist Yoko has consistently been.

Reaganite Republican said...

I don't think he told her- seriously

Matt said...

Quick! Find Mr. Spock and see if he has a goatee!

Trestin said...

I'm not too surprised a lot of liberals grow up when they get older and start to realize how much of their money vanishes into the black hole of government.

Reagan and Lennon were guests on Monday Night Football together. Al Micheal's remarked on how well they got along and how Reagan explained the game to him.

Steve Dennis said...

When many people grow up and grow wiser they realize how naive they were when they were younger. I know I did and it appears that Lennon did also.

Reaganite Republican said...

I heard that they had met, thx for the background Trestin- man o man, I need to find a YouTube clip of that gem

And as for being liberal when young, often good intentions but find out it just doesn't work thru govt spending and mandates.

Like being a Christian, you have to have FAITH in capitalism and the will of free men to understand why conservatism shows the way to most of what people are trying to achieve in this country

Bungalow Bill said...

There are lots of John Lennon moments which I wish were on video, like the time the Beatles met Elvis and jammed.

Reaganite Republican said...

I'm sure you've seen the one with Lennon, Clapton, and Chuck Berry

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Reagan was right!

Reaganite Republican said...

'Imagine' that-

Amusing Bunni said...

Glad to hear this, RR. I like Lennon even more now.
I'm not surprised he didn't tell Yoko, that broad looks like she'd get the rack out and torture him.....besides, her voice was torture enough!

Reaganite Republican said...

As always, we see eye-to-Bunni-eye lol

Erinyes said...

In other news, Paul McCartney is still the same libtard douche.

Post a Comment

The Reaganite Republican welcomes your comments...