01 September 2015

Now THIS is Cool (If You're an Airplane Geek)...

JET-powered, RC 1/15th scale Airbus A380!
I wonder how much he spent on this thing... 


This radio-controlled Airbus A380-800 super-jumbo replica -built by German enthusiasts- has got to be the coolest RC model I've ever seen. I remember when I was a kid, being wowed by my uncle's impressive RC collection, including multi-engine stuff and 'copters... but JETS? News to me!

And this one looks, sounds, and even moves at a pace that comes across as 'the real thing' easily on video... the jet roar is more than a little bit cool!

The plane is marked in Singapore Airlines livery -presumably because they stepped-up ordered the very first A380- and you truly have to watch the clip to believe it.

The 1/15th scale of the massive A-380 delivers these dimensions: 

Length: 4.8 meters

Wingspan: 5.3 meters

Weight: ~ 71 kilograms 

Fuel tanks hold 10 liters 

Power comes from 4x Jetcat P120 turbine engines 
(even available with afterburner!)

Check-out the Airbus as it taxies, takes off, flies and lands...