04 February 2014

Meet Johnny Boehner's 2014 Primary Challenger- Ohio Entrepreneur ERIC GURR


Lifelong Ohioan Eric Gurr -a 48-y.o. student of history who's campaigning as a 'Conservative Republican'- was born and raised in Hamilton, Ohio. He attended the University of Cincinnati, has been registered as Republican his entire adult life, and is currently the CEO of Best and Brightest inc. a computer consulting firm based in West Chester, Ohio.  

He's married and has three children and two grandchildren, who all reside in Liberty Township. Ohio. Amusingly, Eric is a second cousin to
George Washington. (9x removed)...


And check him out on the issues: he's pro-life, anti-Obamacare, and against unhelpful foreign entanglements like Libya and Syria. And he's definitely no fan of Barack Obama.


As he told the Examiner

"What prompted me to run was the realization that since 2008 Mr. Boehner had slowly pulled away from my views and what I thought was in the best interest of the nation long-term. 

I was not in favor of the TARP programs and I still think our monetary policy is on the wrong track. 

Syria was the tipping point. I thought that war with Syria was a terrible idea. Essentially it is a very high-risk proposition with little or nothing to be gained. 

I also believe strongly that the immigration bill was a bad bill at the wrong time. It makes no sense at all to add to a workforce burdened by high unemployment and underemployment. 

When I started putting all of these things together I realized that Speaker Boehner has just been in Washington too long. Publicly elected servants should serve a few terms and then leave lest they become forever detached from their constituents. Over time this leads to a moderation not only in positions and policy, but in passion for the fight. Inside that beltway, conservative values (both economically and socially) are seen as "extreme." 

We as the base of the GOP have no desire nor need to apologize for these conservative principles as they have served the nation quite well for over 200 years."

Sounds good to me, and I although I don't live anywhere near Cincinnati, I will probably be kicking the guy a few bucks. Mr Gurr has also written a few columns  for RedState... you can check those out -here-

Two others have also filed to run in the Republican primary against John Boehner, but have yet to file the petitions that will put them on the ballot.

Dump Boehner!