30 July 2020

STEVE SCHMIDT on 2016 Meeting with TRUMP,
Job Offers, Current Ongoing Smear Campaign:

I received a call from @ebonybowden from the NY Post, working on a new hit piece on behalf of the Trump Campaign. The questions she asked concerned a meeting I had with Donald Trump at his and Jared Kushner’s invitation. 

I had never met Trump before and was curious. Ms. Bowden described this meeting in her phone message as a job interview according to several sources. I did not go to the meeting for a job interview- though I was offered to run Trump’s campaign on three occasions.

Trump credited me with being the first person on television, from the second he came down the escalator, to say that he could be a big factor in the race. I was amongst the first people, if not the first to say he could win the nomination, was winning the nomination and that he would win the nomination. 

I was working as an Analyst for @MSNBC at the time of the invitation and I wanted to take his measure. Looking backwards from this moment of tragedy and with a full understanding of his depravity, ignorance and incompetence, it is hard to remember a time when there ever could have been any doubt.

When I met Trump he was well on his way to the nomination and Kushner’s narrative was that Trump was playing a role to win the nomination and that everybody would see the 'real man' when he became the nominee. I was dubious but curious. For sure, I have a personality that if a UFO landed in Central Park and I was invited to go on, it I would.That is the fundamental reason I took the meeting. 

Not in a million years would I ever work for Trump. At the time I joked to friends, not for a billion dollars, a lifetime supply of Trump steaks and a PHD from Trump University. My statements and condemnations of this vile man have been consistent throughout the 2016 campaign until now. 

I condemned him for the first time in 2012 as 'the head clown in the republican clown car' over his racist birther conspiracy theories. Asked him about it on the @CNNSitRoom on @Cnn at that time. Trump called me a loser. My antagonism towards him is long standing. 

Last week @ebonybowden wrote a hit piece which said I didn’t vote in 2016 and 2018. I did. I supplied the appropriate proof and she refused to correct the record. I called her out on that. She is dishonest, lazy and a Trump propagandist. 

FDR once asked to be judged by his enemies. Mine seem to be good friends with Ms. Bowden. After she refused to correct the record she posted a self pitying tweet proclaiming herself a victim of bullying. Let’s examine who rallied to her defense. Who locked arms with
@ebonybowden

There was Mike Cernovich, author of the Pizza Gate conspiracy, a rape advocate and a regular host of the Alex Jones show. Jones of course is the conspiracy theorist who denies NEWTOWN occurred. There was Jack Posobiec, a legitimate Nazi sympathizer. There was Ann Coulter and Mark Levin, Kimberly Guilfoyle, Donald Trump jr. and the list goes on. 

I did meet Trump. It wasn’t for a job interview. I was offered to run the campaign. I said NO. 

I was offered a second time. I said NO. 

I was offered the last time in June of 2016. I said NO. 

Hundreds of Wall Street Journal Reporters penned a letter about the constant disinformation and misinformation that flows like a toxic river from the editorial page. This is the culture That Ms Bowden operates in. She is a tabloid propagandist who calls herself a journalist. She is not. 

Last week, one of the first voices to rise in her defense after her errant story collapsed was Eric Bolling, formerly of Fox and now of Sinclair. Mr. Bolling departed FNC under less than desirable circumstances for his photographic enthusiasms and particular passion for sending Photos of his phallus to colleagues. 

This weekend he was interviewing the creator of the 'PLANDEMIC' conspiracy theory who blames Fauci for creating COVID. I only bring this up to point out the next person who liked Ms. Bowden's self pitying tweet. Of course they were from OANN. 

Here is the truth. Ms Bowden is on the attack. She is a member of good standing in Trump’s ministry of misinformation. This is her latest dishonest attack on me. There will be more. If this is the price of opposing Trump I am happy to do it @ProjectLincoln

Lastly, the Trump campaign has previously reached out to real journalists trying to say my criticism is because I was a spurned job seeker. 

It’s the Trump way. 

Bottom line, then and now and I say this with conviction: I’d rather be dead than disgrace myself and my children’s name by working for Trump, 
so help me God.