26 November 2010

TGIF Rock-n-Roll Oldies: Johnny Rivers 1966


Johnny Rivers (born John Henry Ramistella @ NYC 11.07.42) is an American rock and roll singer, songwriter, guitarist, and record producer.... styles include folk songs, blues, and revivals of old-time rock 'n' roll songs in addition to some of Rivers' original material. 

Johnny Rivers's greatest success came in the mid-to-late 1960s with sequence of top US and international  hits such as "Seventh Son", "Poor Side of Town", "Summer Rain", "Secret Agent Man" -theme to the TV show- then in the early 70's with a great cover of Jerry Lee Lewis' "Rockin' Pneumonia and the Boogie-Woogie Flu" that went to #6 on the Billboard Hot 100, his third million-selling single.

Rivers continues to record and perform to the present in 2010... love that voice, and the guy can play a guitar:

 

Previous Rock n Roll Oldies features -here-


7 comments:

Randy-g said...

One of my favorite early rockers, and I still like that secret agent man.....

Mark Adams said...

Great artist! Love Secret Agent Man and Boogie Woogie flu the best. Thanks for taking me back to the days of better rock-n-roll. :)

Reaganite Republican said...

Right on guys, have a great weekend

Maggie@MaggiesNotebook said...

I didn't know Rivers was still performing. I also loved his voice and I don't think there is any of his music I do not like. I'll have to start looking him in my area.

RR, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I've had family in and didn't get to make the rounds with good wishes, but I was thinking them.

Reaganite Republican said...

Thanks Maggie, I heard Rivers was living in Baton Rouge, still playing locally, and coaching little league... sounds like he might even be a conservative from some things I read

Matt said...

That's a good one. I hadn't heard it in a while.

Reaganite Republican said...

I got the Moldy Oldies here!

lol

Post a Comment

The Reaganite Republican welcomes your comments...