23 May 2011

World's Only 'Brand-New', 100% Original 1950 Chevrolet Coupe!


Legend has it that a Modesto, California couple purchased the car in 1950, only for the wife to be widowed shortly thereafter when her husband died trying to save a drowning woman. The distraught lady placed the sleek Chevy in storage for 12 years, but later traded it for a new 1962 Rambler ($1650) from a nearby dealer: he recently sold the same car for $60,000.

And surely worth it, the car dealer decided from the start to preserve it, so he barely took it out of the garage for 45 years... thus the all-original mint condition and an odometer reading a mere 437 original miles (!)

What a beautiful example...  my dad's first car was a '51 Chevy:











Gracias, Roberto~


14 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh Lord - that's beautiful! I wish I had my parents 1949 Hudson Hornet.

My first car was a 1958 Thunderbird (and, no - I didn't buy it new. I'm not quite that old.) Anyhoo, paid $1200.00, drove it for 10 years, and sold it for $12,000.00 which was used as a down payment on my first house. Worked out well.

Reaganite Republican said...

Nice car... nice deal, a born capitalist!

And I particularly like the Hudson look... favorites of mine

My first car? '75 Camaro, loved it

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

Built before unions and Obama got a hold of the company.

Reaganite Republican said...

Exactly- breaks my heart like you wouldn't believe

Matt said...

Wow. That is sweet.

Mark Adams said...

AHHH a great American classic. Capitalism at it's finest hour!

Maggie@MaggiesNotebook said...

From a collector's standpoint, $60,000 sounds like quite a deal. Beautiful. Just think of how much Chevys changed in 7 years.

Adrienne said...

I must have been on drugs when I wrote that. It was a 1956 T-Bird. Duh............

Adrienne said...

75 Camaro - NICE!!

Reaganite Republican said...

'56 is a better-looking car than '58, that's cool

Bet you wish you still had it~

Trestin said...

How I love the old cars and trucks. I have an uncle who restores them.

TrickleUp said...

My first car was a brand new red 1976 Triumph Spitfire.

Reaganite Republican said...

I am a total car nut, always have been

Restored a few myself, American and European

Anonymous said...

if it was a fast back it would be worth $110;ooo maybe more!!!!! big rex

Post a Comment

The Reaganite Republican welcomes your comments...