26 August 2011

Hot Romanian Chicks II: Elena Gheorghe


Elena Gheorghe (pron. eˈle.na ˈɡe̯orɡe) is a 26-year-old pop singer of both Macedonian-Aromanian and Romanian descent... many of her ancestors were actually Orthodox priests. Mother Mărioara Gheorghe is a folk artist in Romania herself, and young Elena took to singing quickly- soon to appear live onstage alongside her at the tender age of 3.

Launching her own career at age 18 with Latin-themed music, by '09 she was a Eurovision finalist and part of a wave of new Romanian house/pop bands making headway in export markets. Elena Gheorghe is currently best known for the Romanian #1 hit that's garnished lots of airplay elsewhere- 'Disco Romancing' (below)... good lookin' gal too, boy:

















And even if her current disco/RnB style isn't your thing, for me it's inspiring to see colorful and upbeat acts emanating from such a gray, hard-luck corner of the globe... instead of feeling sorry for themselves, look what a good attitude can bring you (being gorgeous with a good voice doesn't hurt either, eh). 

Elena Gheorghe sings well in English and is clearly a gifted live performer- hard to imagine her not making a big splash in the West as she's already done in eastern Europe, Russia, and the Baltics... and anybody driving a '59 Chevy in Romania is OK with me!

15 comments:

Randy-g said...

My first comment didn't take? Well done anyway RR!

Reaganite Republican said...

Thanks Randy- if you do a fresh Rule 5 lemme know

Randy-g said...

Every Wednesday and Thursday RR!

Reaganite Republican said...

I just checked and thought I only saw last week's, sorry bro

This 90 degrees/100% humidity has fried my noggin

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

I love H O T Chicks, and I don't care where they're from. Thank you kind Sir for link and the lusious lady.

Randy-g said...

That Mr. Belvedere fellow has taugh me all about shameless blogwhoring...Heh.

Woodsterman (Odie) said...

P.S. here's my favorite new girls video:

http://youtu.be/Eaux5laKSE0

Reaganite Republican said...

He's the worst Randy- right Bob lol

Maybe if you did pop stars for your 'Thursday Night Tart' you could call it 'Pop Tarts'

Ok... sorry

Proof said...

Gheorghe is on my mind!

Reaganite Republican said...

Pleasant dreams Proof lol

Aurelius said...

I knew I read your blog for some reason! LOL

Good Ole Boy said...

Shameless T&A pandering, What would the Gipper of thought about this? :)

Reaganite Republican said...

Glad to have you Aurelius- whatever it takes for traffic, I'm sure you understand lol
And here's your answer, Good Ole Boy...

Teresa said...

Thanks for the linkage, RR. Have a great weekend!

Reaganite Republican said...

You too my friend

Post a Comment

The Reaganite Republican welcomes your comments...