Measurement 'literally beyond index'
Indeed, government handouts are far more prevalent in the US, and modern Chinese 'communist' leadership -who run a tight ship and enjoy a budget surplus- have come right out and said that American entitlement culture (with Obama as it's primary cheerleader) is precisely what's destroying us.
So tell me who's the capitalists now: the Chinese may live under an oppressive dictatorship, but they learned not to restrain or hinder the economic driver that is free market capitalism. It's often a corrupt, crony capitalism there -rivaling even the kleptocratic Obama regime(!)- but unlike in the US today, Beijing appears to be making sure the job-creators are creating as many of them as possible.
-as compared to 21 in the US- or the reckless growth of Chinese cities largely still heated and powered by low-grade coal (they produce/consume half the world's output). Now packed with immigrants drawn to urban employment, China's roads and freeways are bumper-to-bumper with new drivers in cars, alongside oil-buring two-stroke motorcycles- and it's really getting out of control.
- With visibility down to 100 yards, Beijing officials recently ordered factories closed and all government cars (most of the big ones) off the road.
- The WHO considers an acceptable level of airborne particulates to be 25 micrograms per cubic meter (μg/m3). Last weekend, readings in Beijing reached 993 μg/m3.
- The head of cardiology at Peking University People’s Hospital said "The number of people coming into our emergency room suffering heart attacks has roughly doubled since Friday."
- 16 out of the 20 most polluted cities in the world are in the Peoples Republic of China
- Solution? China this week asked foreign embassies there to 'stop reporting on the pollution problem'
But WE AMERICANS need to punish job-creators with cap-n-trade nonsense, drive cars named 'Volt' or 'Leaf', and
install poisonous curly-cue lightbulbs at $50 a pop...?
Just so China can cut every corner imaginable and run economic circles around us?